How to get involved
As a Friend of Leeds City Museums you can take part in as much, or as little, as you wish; from getting involved with lecturing and learning programmes, participating in regular trips to places of interest or simply making friends with people who share your interest.
By joining the Friends of Leeds City Museums you will be supporting the collections and sites of Leeds Museums and Galleries and helping preserve them for future generations.
Benefits of Membership
Members of the Friends enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Free admission to Leeds City Museum, Leeds Art Gallery, Abbey House Museum, Armley Mills, Thwaite Mills, Temple Newsam House, Lotherton Hall, Leeds Museum Discovery Centre and Burton Constable Hall near Hull.
- Escorted visits to places of interest and other social events.
- Invitations to special events and functions hosted by Leeds Museums.
- The knowledge that you are supporting one of the most important museum services in Britain and helping preserve the collections for future generations.
- A regular newsletter with advance details of forthcoming events.
You can also find out more about volunteering directly with Leeds Museums and Galleries from the Museums and Galleries website.
- Individual membership: £20.00 p.a.
- Dual membership: £35.00 p.a.
- Please note that we no longer offer family membership. All existing family memberships will be honoured until their expiry at the end of February 2018.
- If you have any questions, contact the Membership Secretary.
NB Friends joining after September 1st do not pay again until a year after the following March when annual subscriptions are due.
Please check out our brochure (pdf) (new subscription rates apply) then print out and complete the downloadable Membership Form. After completing the form, please send it together with a cheque or postal order (payable to FLCM) to the Membership Secretary.