How to get involved
As a Friend of Leeds City Museums you can take part in as much, or as little, as you wish; from getting involved with lecturing and learning programmes, participating in regular trips to places of interest or simply making friends with people who share your interest.
By joining the Friends of Leeds City Museums, you will be supporting the collections and sites of Leeds Museums and Galleries and helping preserve them for future generations.
Benefits of Membership
Members of the Friends enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Free admission to Leeds City Museum, Leeds Art Gallery, Abbey House Museum, Kirkstall Abbey, Armley Mills, Thwaite Mills, Temple Newsam House, Lotherton Hall, Leeds Museum Discovery Centre and Burton Constable Hall near Hull.
- Escorted visits to places of interest and other social events.
- Invitations to special events and functions hosted by Leeds Museums.
- The knowledge that you are supporting one of the most important museum services in Britain and helping preserve the collections for future generations.
- A regular newsletter with advance details of forthcoming events.
You can also find out more about volunteering directly with Leeds Museums and Galleries from the Museums and Galleries website.
Subscription rates are as follows:
- Individual membership: £25.00 p.a.
- There will be no dual membership, only individual membership.
- For any additional member over the age of 6 up to 18 and living at the same address: £15.00 p.a.
- Please note that we no longer offer family membership.
- If you have any questions, contact the Membership Secretary.
NB Friends joining after September 1st do not pay again until a year after the following March when annual subscriptions are due.