You may be interested to know that your Committee has agreed the date of the AGM and the following trips for 2023.
- August Wentworth Woodhouse, South Yorkshire
- September :The September trip to Nottingham Castle has had to be postponed for a little while.To fill the gap a trip has been arranged to Burton Constable Hall. As you know, admittance is free for members of the FLCM. East Yorkshire usually has very good weather at this time of year and will us the opportunity of exploring the listed park which we have not been able to do as our two previous trips there have been in winter.
- End November Burton Agnes Hall, East Riding to see Christmas decorations
You may also like to know that your Committee has given the following grants to the Museum Service:
- Purchase of Hummerston designs for furniture and bronze International Exhibition Medal 1862 £1,500;
- Conservation of oil painting of Kirkstall Abbey including the Gatehouse (now Museum) £3,000;
- Contribution to assist restoration of the Butler`s Pantry including Plate & Silver Closet at Temple Newsam £5,000;
- Conservation of model of original John Smeaton`s Crown Point Bridge, £1,960;
- Leeds crested china £200;
- Washington Teasdale glass lantern slides £840.
Please note that these events are open to Friends only. Find out more about becoming a member.
To find out more about the events and programmes that are being offered by Leeds Museums and Galleries, visit the Museums and Galleries website.